Monday, April 28, 2008

Curse the Kansas weather...

So this weekend was supposed to be our debut for the MTB season, but alas, it became the 4th race to be cancelled for the year. It seems that most of those that were planning on racing ended up doing a similarly beneficial ride/workout, but Steve & I were super lazy and took a day to relax. I decided that I would go ahead and not study since I had already marked it as a day off on my Boards study schedule. We started out with a Pancake breakfast (I feel that my pancakes are worth bragging about, along with my homemade pizza creations) then took Jackson to Loose Park and threw the frisbee for him all over the park. The day was absolutely beautiful! Jackson has finally learned not to run away from us and he actually brings the frisbee back when we throw it rather than running in the opposite direction. Since Jackson was so good at the park we drove down to the Plaza and stopped at the Three Dog Bakery. The gals that work there always feed Jackson about a million samples and he shows off his good dog behavior-anything for carrot cake & peanut butter cookies. We strolled around the Plaza for a bit and then hit up Smoothie King on the Way home. Later we decided to get our exercise by riding bikes down to the Plaza to have dinner at P.F. Changs because my wonderful dad sent us a gift card. He also sent us a Cold Stone gift card so we got some ice cream to go and rode back home with our ice cream in our bottle cages. I'd say we had a pretty fabulous day even though we didn't get to race. Now it's back to studying...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you must really be studying. No posts for awhile. How 'bout a 29er recap rock star?

Lis Heal said...

haha, I AM really studying...but my excuse for the lack of posts is that I'm waiting for someone to post good pics first. The ones we have are a little light on people, and tons of our rotten dog.

Unknown said...

Enjoyed ALL of the blog !!! - Hang in there - I think you have it made... Fred

(Fred WindhamSr) (FaceBook)