Saturday, May 17, 2008

2 years from today.

This is my ridiculous dog last year on one of his many trips to Mission Med Vet...I think this is the time he got attacked by the mean neighbor dog...what a doofus.

Today is KCUMB graduation and I'm at school pseudo-helping with the event. It's exciting for me to think that my classmates and I will all be back here graduating in exactly 2 years! I found out yesterday that I passed my cumulative exam for 1st & 2nd years so, aside from boards, I'm officially a 3rd year. I've found that in med school it's the small achievements that keep you going. We're continually counting down to the completion of something...it doesn't matter how big or small it is, we need to be able to feel relief from crossing things off the checklist.

So speaking of 3rd year, Steve & I are off to Denver on Thursday to scout out houses & jobs. The trip can also double as a celebration of our 3 year anniversary! I'm super excited to see all the houses that I've been checking out online for the past few weeks, and I'm also just excited to get out of KC for a couple days and think about something other than board exams. We're staying with the Shuldas and I can't wait to finally meet Saige!

The forcast looks perfect for the mountain bike race tomorrow in St. Joe! I'm not quite sure what the course will be like, but it sounds pretty fun. I'm hoping that I can pull out a decent race even though my training has been less than desirable. I did do the Wednesday night hill ride and managed to chase back on enough times to end up with the main group...can that count as a whole week's worth of training?

2 comments:

Adam Mills said...

Yes. The wednesday hill ride does count as whole week. That ride is hard!

SlimenUndGrossen Racing said...

hey liz,

great racing at st. joe. hope some r and r in colorado is/was good. hopefully steve can at least find a job picking up trash or something. this whole sugar momma thing doesnt kick in until you start makin' the Big Bucks.

josh