Saturday, February 23, 2008

Where art thou spring break?

This is the crew that finished off a week of fun, hardcore training with an off-road duathlon (run/bike/run) at Leawood City Park. It was awesome to ride my bike on trails again...it's been way too long. Ben Schleogel graciously allowed me to participate in this EnduraCamp winter session that included spinning, yoga (at Jiva Studio), urban adventure running, plyometrics, strength work (at the Fit Pit), swimming, etc. The week of activities was super well planned and was geared toward people who work during the day so I was pumped to be able to make it to most of the activities. Ben, Cameron, Pat and Ken put in all kinds of work in order to make it happen and I really appreciate it! In case it's not completely evident, I highly recommend doing one of these camps. I had such a good time training with a great group of people all week long and now I'm full of motivation to continue getting into better shape.

Next week Steve and I are heading down to Florida for my last spring break ever. I didn't think about it being my last one until this very minute, but I fully intend to savour every minute of it. My major objective for the week is to go to the beach and get a tan. I think it's been almost 2 years since my skin wasn't pasty white and I intend to do something about that (I'd also intend to relax and destress). Steve's main objective for the week is to mountain bike on trails that aren't covered in snow, ice, or mud. Thank God for sandy Florida trails. While in Florida, we are going to try to see as many people as we can in Gainesville, Daytona, and Tallahassee...so give us a ring if you live in or near those places-we want to see you!

Continuing on with my school countdown...I've got 1 full day of classes next week (then lab and exams) and then 5 more weeks after spring break!! Woo hoo!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

when are you kids coming through gainesville?

Lis Heal said...

Sunday-ish? We're leaving here on Saturday...don't know if we'll stop in Georgia on the way down or not. Will you be around? Maybe we can have a slumber party at your casa?

Unknown said...

yeah ill be here this weekend. i have to leave for a conference mid next week or so, but before that im here. we have an extra bedroom if you need a place to crash.

Cameron C. said...

I THINK YOU ARE ON THE 29ER TEAM. SWEET.

Lis Heal said...

I think so too! Totally pumped!